FULL TIME AUDIO/VIDEO SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER POSITION AVAILABLE
AE Design is seeking a qualified candidate to join our Denver team as an Audio/Video Systems Design Engineer. Ideal candidates will hold a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering, technology, or media arts production related to audio/music or film/video; or they will have comparable experience. Our benefits include an employer paid health and dental insurance plan, a company matched simple IRA, ample PTO and great incentives for great work. Opportunities for advancement are available from day one.
Successful Candidates Will Have...
- The capability to apply Audio-Visual (AV) design principles to projects of all sizes and categories. An InfoComm CTS or CTS-D certification is preferred.
- Commercial AV design experience including professional sound and video system design, control automation, paging/intercom/mass-notification, TV reception & distribution and digital signage
- Ability to take AV design from start to finish, including initial scoping/discovery with Owner/end-users, narrative of work descriptions, drawings (plans, diagrams, details); AV-specific calculations; complete specification writing (in CSI 3-part format), evaluating bids and contractor questions, performing site observations and basic testing and commissioning.
- Some knowledge of IT design such as structured cabling, voice telephony, data networking, wireless and grounding.
- Some knowledge of Safety and Security Systems design such as CCTV / video surveillance, access control, intrusion alarm, and fire alarms.
- Bonus: Knowledge of theatrical stage lighting, rigging and drapery systems.
AE Design is a growing lighting design and electrical engineering firm that focuses on design intensive projects throughout the United States, and internationally. The sizes of these projects vary from small design driven spaces to $100 mil. large campus facilities. Our project types include high profile single family custom residences, recreation centers, National Park Service work, retail environment, hospitality projects, animal clinics/hospitals and commercial office buildings and their tenants to name a few.
Our offices are within the historic district of downtown Denver, in the heart of great eateries, across the street from Coors Field, a short walk or light rail ride to the Pepsi Center or Mile High Stadium. Our office suite is located within a 1900’s era building with exposed brick walls, views of the downtown skyline, and a comfortable and relaxed working environment. Our location allows us to walk to many of our meetings and be accessible to our clients, as well as utilize public transportation via the light rail or bus systems.