FULL TIME LIGHTING DESIGNER / ELECTRICAL ENGINEER POSITION AVAILABLE
As we grow our experience and expertise grows with us. Your talent for being able to bring our life to our client’s projects is what we’re after. You are a gifted engineer with a creative mind who thrives in a world of beautiful possibilities. You can’t wait for the next new project and love to share your ideas with your team and clients. If you are tired of working in a box and long to stretch your creative brainwaves then we’d like to chat.
What You Bring to the Table
- An undergraduate degree in Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- 0-5 years of professional experience working in an architectural / lighting or MEP firm with an emphasis on lighting design
- The capability to apply Electrical Engineering and Lighting Design principles to projects of all sizes and categories
- Experience with AutoCAD and REVIT
- Capable of managing your time and activities for optimum productivity
- The talent and adaptability to work well with people at all levels of the organization
- A desire to build relationships and work directly with our clients – this is key to your success
- Not really interested in the status quo – you have a hunger for learning and growing professionally
- You have a good sense of humor, driven to excellence and able to set boundaries with a smile
How You'll Spend Your Day
- You will work as a member of a project team to imagine, conceptualize and design a great lighting experience and take it all the way through final punch to see the final result
- Presenting your concepts to the project team and the client stakeholders
- Completing design documents, schematics and spec sheets for approval
- Sourcing materials from a large variety of manufacturers to allow for the best solutions for the project
- Completing a full set of construction documents for signoff
- Aggregating weekly/monthly/project reports and delivering to the project manager accurately and on time
What You'll Enjoy When You Join Us
- Competitive salary and benefit plan (IRA, HSA and more)
- An environment which supports continued education, professional development and personal growth with opportunities to learn outside of the office and through our mentorship program
- An open office, enthusiastic and collaborative coworkers, and out of office events ranging from happy hours to ski trips
- A dedication to a true work-life balance
- The chance to work on a variety of projects, and learn about low-voltage, audio/visual, special systems, commissioning and the other services we provide
- The opportunity to get out of the office for site visits, client visits, seminars and networking opportunities
- A condensed 4.5 day work week - we work full time, but we love our half day Fridays!
- A great bonus incentive program
- Opportunity to help grow with a highly reputable company who does beautiful work!
AE Design, headquartered in beautiful Downtown Denver, Colorado, is a growing Architectural Engineering firm focused on lighting and electrical design. We are a baseball toss from Coors Field and right in the middle of it all: eateries, breweries, museums, venues, public transit and city growth. Our projects range from small design driven spaces to $100 mil. large campus facilities throughout the United States, and internationally. We’re proud of our consistent growth and continue to maintain sustainable momentum, and the lasting relationships we have built with our clients over the years. We are always looking for talented, creative professionals and would enjoy an opportunity to get to know you.